Pre-Operation / PRP ALOPECIA Procedure:
3 DAYS Before Procedure:
- No Aspirin or medicines that contain aspirin or Ibuprofen, Aleve, Naprosyn, etc. since they interfere with normal blood clotting and the inflammation cascade which enhance the hair regrowth process.
- Discuss with your primary physician to discontinue anticoagulant drugs at least 1 week before the procedure.
- Please discontinue all herbal medications as many have side effects that could complicate a surgical procedure by inhibiting blood clotting, affecting blood pressure, or interfering with anesthetics.
Recommended Post-Operation / PRP ALOPECIA Therapy Schedule:
Post-Op Medical Instruction-(Please follow these instructions closely!)
- Post-op medication may be given to you the day of your surgery. They may consist of arnica montana ( to reduce bruising) or a painkiller: Painkiller: Please take as directed and only as needed for pain * If you are unable to take any of these medications, please contact Dr. McBeth so we can arrange for other medications.
- Resume previous medication as directed by the physician
- Report any symptoms of feeling unwell: fever, pain, etc., to Dr. McBeth
- It is recommended that the patient have a companion stay with him or her for at least 24 hours after discharge, if narcotic medications or sedatives are administered.
- You should expect some of blood-tinged anesthetic solution to drain from the incision sites during the first 24 to 48 hours. This will vary from patient to patient. Maxi-pads are recommended for bandages over your incision sites. You may take a shower 24 hours after the procedure.
- It is ok to shampoo your scalp after 24 hours using a mild shampoo Apply no alcohol containing products, foams, gels, dyes, harsh chemical for 2 weeks
- If you experience nausea or vomiting it is probably due to the medication
- Please try to take it with food. If it persists, please contact our office.
- Diet-eat a diet which includes mainly vegetables, fruit, high quality protein
- Drink plenty of clear fluids. We recommend 8 glasses of water or fruit juice every day.
- Do not drink any alcohol for 48 hours and limit alcohol intake for the first week.
You may be recommended to repeat the PRP procedure at 4 and 8 weeks after your initial procedure.
Post-Op Medical Consultation Schedule: 3 months & 6 months
- Review of medical and surgical history
- Review of medication history
- Review of any adverse events since the previous visit
- Clinical evaluation of symptoms using the Ludwig scale for female patients and the Norwood scale for male patients
- Photograph the area that was treated
Your doctor will contact you by phone within the first week to follow up then, future follow up visits will be scheduled.